Due to the increasing spread of COVID-19, and new guidelines from the Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order issued by Governor Gretchen Whitmer, the City of Hazel Park will be extending its closure to the public effective March 24th, 2020 until April 13th, 2020. The same rules as mentioned on March 17th still apply.
*Please note that for Code and Building, there will be no rental inspections during this time*
Per the notice on March 17th, the following procedures will stay in place during this time:
- ALL DEPARTMENTS: All Departments within City Hall shall not have their windows open to the public but shall be open to receiving calls and emails from the public as necessary.
- WATER DEPARTMENT: All shut offs are currently postponed, but the public will be responsible for any water they use during this time. If a resident has their water turned off, please have them call the Water Department at 248-546-4076 to get it turned back on. No cash payments will be accepted during this time for a water bill. Water bills are to be paid either online, by check, or by Money Order during this time period. These can be dropped off in the drop-off box located outside the doors of City Hall.
- BUILDING DEPARTMENT: All inspections moving forward are postponed. If a resident and/or business owner needs a permit processed, they may drop it off in our drop-off box outside of City Hall. No rental inspections will occur during this time.
- POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT: Parking Enforcement will be suspended during this time period.
- DPW: The doors of DPW shall remain locked to the public during this time but the Department will be open to receiving calls and emails from the public as necessary.
- 43RD DISTRICT COURT: The Court will be closed to the public but are open to receiving calls and doing in-custody proceedings.
Please check our website and social media for regular updates regarding COVID-19. We appreciate your patience during this time.