An Employment Application for the City of Hazel Park can be downloaded here. Completed applications should be submitted to the City Clerk's Office, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall (111 E Nine Mile Rd.).
Current opportunities for general employment within the City of Hazel Park are posted below:
Job Position: Zamboni Driver / Maintenance
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Sharon Pinch, Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt - PT
Age: Applicant must be 18 years or older
Required Documents: Applicant must possess a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
Starting hourly wage: $10.00 / hourly
Hours of Operation: Must have the ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate and maintain the ice-resurfacer and ice-edger.
- Drive Zamboni during hockey games maintaining the ice.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift or push up to 150 pound hockey goal frames. Operator will be exposed to cold, wet, and icy conditions.
- Ability to perform general maintenance of arena. General maintenance includes restrooms, locker rooms, interior and exterior of arena.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Successful completion of probationary period
TO APPLY: Please contact the Hazel Park Ice Arena (248) 546-5700 and pick up an application anytime during office hours: Monday- Friday 8am-3pm. The Hazel Park Ice Arena is located at 1555 E. Woodward Heights, Hazel Park MI 48030.
FOR: PART TIME SEASONAL
IN: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
COMPENSATION: $10.00/HR at 29.5 HRS/WEEK
JOB DESCRIPTION: Work will be primary preformed outside in all weather conditions. Position will be expected to perform all work as assigned. Duties will include but not be limited to: upkeep and maintenance of City parks, streets, and City facilities. Drive pick-up trucks and Operate and maintain equipment in the performance of job duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Have valid Driver’s license, able to pass physical, drug and background screenings and reliable attendance.
APPLY: Please submit Employment Application and Driver’s license along with any other certifications you may think are beneficial.
Submit to the Public Works Building: 24211 Couzens, Hazel Park MI 48030
In person: Monday – Thursday 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Or email to: email@example.com
Employment applications are available at the Public Works Building
Or online at: www.hazelpark.org/City_Employment_Application.pdf.