An Employment Application for the City of Hazel Park can be downloaded here. Completed applications should be submitted to the City Clerk's Office, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall (111 E Nine Mile Rd.).
Current opportunities for general employment within the City of Hazel Park are posted below:
Job Position: Payroll Accountant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Laci Christiansen, Director of Finance
The Payroll Accountant is responsible for processing payroll and all reports associated with payroll due through the year. Knowledge of all union contracts, insurances, various grants and surveys, as well as other accounting duties as assigned. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Payroll Accountant may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Process payroll – verify employment forms, changes, check and enter payrolls, monitor general ledger numbers & rate of pay, run reports and final checks.
- Process all payroll reports throughout the year, including all required tax and regulatory filings.
- Compute longevity and retro pay settlements for all city employees.
- Balance/reconcile/ modification and disbursement of various benefits and insurances.
- Compute actuary forms for future retirees.
- Reports for various agencies – (i.e.) OSHA, State Unemployment, Department of Health and Human Services, Cobra, Workers Compensation, etc.Grant reports, including, but not limited to application and reimbursement requests.
- Salary and other payroll related surveys.
- Balancing and reporting of employee/ employer pension contribution.
- Verification of employment forms for mortgage companies.
- Assist in budget and audit preparation.
- Perform other accounting responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in accounting or finance, or related field, or minimum three years of work experience in payroll accounting.
- Any combination of education, training and experience determined by the City to provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to those attained through requirement #1 above.
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn new responsibilities.
- Desire and ability to conduct research to find accounting solutions.
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
- High ethical conduct, and ability to hold individuals accountable to policies, procedures and ethical standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office productivity software programs, computers and related technologies.
Job Position: Zamboni Driver / Maintenance
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Sharon Pinch, Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt - PT
Age: Applicant must be 18 years or older
Required Documents: Applicant must possess a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
Starting hourly wage: $10.00 / hourly
Hours of Operation: Must have the ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate and maintain the ice-resurfacer and ice-edger.
- Drive Zamboni during hockey games maintaining the ice.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift or push up to 150 pound hockey goal frames. Operator will be exposed to cold, wet, and icy conditions.
- Ability to perform general maintenance of arena. General maintenance includes restrooms, locker rooms, interior and exterior of arena.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Successful completion of probationary period
TO APPLY: Please contact the Hazel Park Ice Arena (248) 546-5700 and pick up an application anytime during office hours: Monday- Friday 8am-3pm. The Hazel Park Ice Arena is located at 1555 E. Woodward Heights, Hazel Park MI 48030.